Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My kitchenaid Ice Maker is dripping water from just behind

Customer Question

My kitchenaid Ice Maker is dripping water from just behind the water module causing the each cycle to only produce about 8 cubes. what should i do to fix this?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2002 Side By Side KSS 848 PKX00.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: The code on the Ice Maker is###-##-####JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I plan to do the work myself
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately if the icemaker is leaking water, try to use a hair dryer and thaw any ice build up that might be causing the water to not flow properly. If it continues to leak after thawing it out completely, your icemaker will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue. Below is a link to the icemaker for your model.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?