Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Maytag Atlantis make a loud noise when stopping at the

Customer Question
end of the spin cycle...
My Maytag Atlantis make a loud noise when stopping at the end of the spin cycle. The noise sounds like screeching brakes. What is causing this at the end of the spin cycle?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
6/15/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You are exactly right, you have a brake that is going out and is very common on this model. The brake will just need to be replaced. Now I don't have a video on how to replace the break, but the brake is right below the snubber ring so there isn't much difference to replace the brake. I do have a video on how to replace the snubber ring so below is a link to the brake part and a video that will help replace it.

CLICK HERE for brake

CLICK HERE for video on how to replace the brake

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc