John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I had a repairman out yesterday, trying to fix my ice maker.

Customer Question

I had a repairman out yesterday, trying to fix my ice maker. He replaced the "I/M Fill tube with heater". 24 hours later, I still have no ice.
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a Samsung, purchased in 2012.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I just made an appointment for ANOTHER repairman to come on Friday. But, I'm wondering if there's any suggestions of buttons to push, filters to take out and put back in, something I can try so that I don't have to wait till friday to get this fixed, because I've been dealing with this since June 1st, and I'm really frustrated.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: You're not even a real person reading this, are you??
JA: I'm an assistant to the Appliance Technician. I work with them to help customers like you.
Customer: So, I'll wait patiently for you to read my notes, and offer suggestions. Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are ahving this trouble. I know how frustrating this can be. What ist he model number of your Samsung? This will be located on the inside of the fridge area.