Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have a GE monogram dishwasher that isn't draining, 6 years

Customer Question

I have a GE monogram dishwasher that isn't draining
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 6 years old. where do I find the model number?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: ifits easy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think it's just clogged, because I can hear it trying to drain
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 4 months ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Yes most likely its just stopped up you will need to clean the filter, and then most likely pull the pump motor and see if anything has it stopped up as well, if the impeller on the pump looks damaged then replace it, but make sure its all clean and put it back together and see if it drains ok after cleaning it all up, if not the replace the pump because even though it may be running the pump is not operating properly. If you need some instructions to access the parts let me know and see me the full model number of your unit, thanks.

If you need anything else just let me know in the meantime please rate my assistance by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of your question page. You will see a set of 5 empty stars 1 being the worst and 5 being the best, ***** ***** I have earned a 5 star rating. After you rate I will continue to help if needed any follow up questions will still be answered and there will be no further charges incurred. Please keep in mind we experts that take the time to help you are not compensated for our time unless you rate so it means a lot to us even though it may seem like a unnecessary hassle to you so please do not put this off and just take a moment to take care of this. Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well I don't have a manual, so no sure how to clean the filter

well I can help if you give me the model number, they made tons of different style monogram dw units.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ZBD8900P10II

here is a video that shows how to replace the filter assembly, the reason I sent this video is because it also shows how to access the filter on that model:

click here to watch video

let me now how it goes after you clean the filter and I will be glad to help you more if you need it, thanks for sending me the model number.

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?