Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Can u replace a 30" jenn air electric top in same opening

Customer Question

Can u replace a 30" jenn air electric top in same opening with a 30" gas jenn air top?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2002
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

In short, yes you can, the dimensions may be a little off but all 30" cut outs are pretty much universal for all 30" inch cooktops.

If you need anything else just let me know in the meantime please rate my assistance by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of your question page. You will see a set of 5 empty stars 1 being the worst and 5 being the best, ***** ***** I have earned a 5 star rating. After you rate I will continue to help if needed any follow up questions will still be answered and there will be no further charges incurred. Please keep in mind we experts that take the time to help you are not compensated for our time unless you rate so it means a lot to us even though it may seem like a unnecessary hassle to you so please do not put this off and just take a moment to take care of this. Thank you very much!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I guess what I really wanted to know is
A. What jenn air gamodel to use?
B. Do I have to replace the fan unit?
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

There is only one option for a 30" downdraft gas cooktop. The fan is part of the cooktop, so it will need to be replaced, yes. See the option available to you below.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.