Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

How do I shut off the water valve for a Amana refridegerator

Customer Question

How do I shut off the water valve for a Amana refridegerator arb2557? It is running water out of the ice maker and getting onto my gard
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: arb2557crs. Bought in 2003. Running water onto hard wood floor.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I will need a service call to maybe rellace
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: replace the ice maker. For now need to turn off the water line.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The water shut off valve to the refrigerator, is either going to be behind the refrigerator on your water supply line coming from you home or underneath the kitchen sink. You will need to shut the water off at that shut off valve wherever it is and then you will need to replace the water inlet valve on the refrigerator not the ice maker, the valve has failed and is allowing water to flow freely. The replacement valve for that model is listed below:

Refrigerator Water Inlet Valve Assembly

Part #: 67001726 - click here

If you need anything else just let me know in the meantime please rate my assistance by clicking on the star rating system at the top right of your question page. You will see a set of 5 empty stars 1 being the worst and 5 being the best, ***** ***** I have earned a 5 star rating. After you rate I will continue to help if needed any follow up questions will still be answered and there will be no further charges incurred. Please keep in mind we experts that take the time to help you are not compensated for our time unless you rate so it means a lot to us even though it may seem like a unnecessary hassle to you so please do not put this off and just take a moment to take care of this. Thank you very much!

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?