Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Kitchenaid Repair - ice blockage - Freezer -10F,

Customer Question
Refrigerator 59F JA: Can you guesstimate...
Kitchenaid Repair - ice blockage - Freezer -10F, Refrigerator 59F
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 16 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: KSSP42QKS00
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
6/11/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 5 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment while I get some information for you!

That is likely a defrost issue you need to remove the rear panel in the freezer section. If the evaporator is built up with excessive frost you need to defrost the frost build up with a hairdryer or steamer. Then you need to check the heater for continuity and the defrost thermostat for continuity as well, that is clipped to the evaporator. It has to be cold to test it and it should read continuity with an ohm meter as well when cold. If all that tests good you likely have a bad defrost control. Check that out and see what you find.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician