Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The dishwasher cycle selection works and lights up but the

Customer Question

The dishwasher cycle selection works and lights up but the start button will not start the cycle.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: I'll look for that information and get back to you.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I'm trying to fix it myself. Model# *****
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: How do you access the diagnostic procedure?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

If none of the buttons work try to shut the power off to the unit for a full minute and power it back on, if it still does not start either the door switch is bad or the touchpad is bad. The unit has to see the door shut in order to start and they go bad a lot. So check the door interlock switch out first and if that is good and working then replace the touchpad.

CLICK HERE DOOR LATCH KIT

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was hoping to find a diagnostic procedure to identify which component was defective. I already knew it was either of one of those. Can you provide any additional information for testing these components?

The diagnostic procedure will not tell you anything for the issue you have. Remove the control console to get at the switch, you have to remove all inner perimeter screws to separate the panels to get the latch kit out then test the switch with a meter. Here is a video to show you how to test the switch. You will have to manually trigger the latch to close with a screw driver or hook tool.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks. I guess I'm going to take this thing apart tomorrow. It's too nice of a day to sit inside waiting for parts.

Yep I agree, I want to be outside:) Have a good day!