Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The power button on my Cabrio Washer does not work, Model

Customer Question

The power button on my Cabrio Washer does not work
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model #WTW6400SWO At least 5 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can I will!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If I can't do it myself I'll need a qualified repair person. Can you recommend someone in my area
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

There are no fuses or cut outs on this model washer so if the power button won't turn the washer on, you need to run an extension cord to another outlet and make sure you're getting 110 volts to the washer. if it still won't turn on, your main control board inside the control panel in the far back right corner has failed and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the control board you'll need to order for your model and there is a video at the bottom of the link which shows you how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?