Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Electric stove screen shows BAD LINE, I resetted breaker and

Customer Question

Electric stove screen shows BAD LINE, I resetted breaker and re pluged many times, didn't help, burnings are working, how can get this fixed?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: from yesterday morning
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: model GE J8555, wire looks new, DO you think this false message?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: may 4-5 years old, I moved in 3years ago, Model GE J8555, PUB.No. 31-14615, those are I can see on stove.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

If the burners still work, the oven is definitely still getting 220 volts from your house. Unfortunately that mean your main control board has just shorted and would need to be replace. You would need the full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door (if there is one) to look up the correct control board part number for your model but it would need to be replaced to resolve the issue.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?