Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a front load washer. The drawer where I put the

Customer Question

I have a front load washer. The drawer where I put the detergent in was broken and the detergent ran down into the rubber outer layer of the tub before the washer started. I bout a new drawer. It continues to run out of the drawer and into the rubber before the washer starts.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Just 4 years old. I will get the model number now. Just a minute
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Model number is *****
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So to start, pull the dispenser out as far as you can. There is a plastic locking tab you can push down on at the back of the dispenser. Push this down and the drawer will pull all the way out so you can see if anything is blocking the outlet near the back. If not, then pull the entire washer forward. There are 2 or 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel. Remove these screws and the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can disconnect the hose between the tub and the dispenser and look for anything inside the hose blocking the water from draining. Usually there is a bleach cap insert or a detergent cap insert or something like that.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?