Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Kenmore gas oven model 790.71409700, burners and broiler

light, oven will not, coil...
Kenmore gas oven model 790.71409700, burners and broiler light, oven will not, coil has been tested and works, there is continuity from the gas valve. Control panel works and shows normal functions.
6/8/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You have done everything you need to, to know what is wrong. Since your oven still works on broil and when you select bake the igniter for the bake burner glows, it sounds like your bake igniter is just going out and needs to be replaced. Igniters generally last about 6-8 years normally and then they either stop working all together, or they just get weak and don't draw 3.2 amps even though they are glowing. If an igniter doesn't pull 3.2 amps, the oven gas safety valve will not open up. Now the bake igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'd need to pull the floor out of the oven to access the igniter for replacement. Below is a link to the igniter for your model and it costs about $100.

CLICK HERE for igniter

Or you can order a generic igniter for much cheaper but you'll need to cut and splice the wires. Below is a link to one of those.

CLICK HERE for generic igniter

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
forgot to mention igniter is new, and show same test values as the old one

Then you need an amp clamp to test amperage of the igniter. Because either it came bad or your oven gas safety valve has failed (that is very rare). If you are drawing more than 3.2 amps, you need a new oven gas safety valve. If you're not drawing 3.2 amps---the igniter came bad and needs to be returned so you can get a new one.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc