Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Experiencing some problems with water filter and ice maker.

Customer Question
Experiencing some problems with water...
Experiencing some problems with water filter and ice maker
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: krff5073ss kitchen aid purchased in 09/15
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: replaced water filter and apparently did not tighten enough; when flushing the water system, water coming from bottom of refrig; Does the non-tightening of the filter explain the water leakage totally or do need to get it all checked out?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
5/26/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 5 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you didn't install the filter all the way, it's possible that the water will come out the bottom of the refrigerator because the diverter valve inside the filter receptacle won't be engaged completely. That will cause back pressure when you press the water dispenser button or when the icemaker tries to cycle. Then it could leak out a connection point or at the valve where the water line connects to the valve. Install the filter properly, dry any water and watch the refrigerator closely to make sure it's no longer leaking when you dispense water. Hopefully that is all you need to do, otherwise the problem would be un-related to the filter.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc