Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a 2 year old Igloo Model FR9211 refrigerator, today

Customer Question

We have a 2 year old Igloo Model FR9211 refrigerator, today it appears the upper refridg compartment has stopped cooling while the lower freezer compartment works fine.... we recently moved the fridge with a 2 wheel dolley to paint however, everything worked fine for a few days before we noticed the problem, may just be coincidental, don't know
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: just noticed it, weve removed food from the fridge
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: don't know,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: dont think so,
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

The refrigerator cools by stealing air from the freezer. So the fact that the freezer is cooling means that the air isn't flowing up to the refrigerator from the freezer for some reason. You'll need to pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel inside the freezer to see the fan and silver coils. If the fan isn't running, you need a new fan motor. If the coils are packed with frost so air can't flow, you have a defrost issue and you need to thaw all the frost out with a hair dryer. Lastly, if the coils are lightly frosted and the fan is running, the damper assembly which opens and closes at the top of the refrigerator against the back wall isn't opening up to allow air into the refrigerator so the damper would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?