John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE side by side Model GSS23WTJ SS. It is

Customer Question

I have a GE side by side Model GSS23WTJ SS. It is approximately 6 years old. The freezer side of the unit seems to have a problem with temperature control. It will not get cold enough. We tried setting and resetting it to the coldest and a notch or two above the coldest setting. We are loosing all our precious food now and I don't know if its worth trying to fix or Heaven forbid I have to new unit. We live in a 6 year old double wide manufactured home and all the appliances are matching GE stainless steel décor. Any suggestions.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 6years model GSS3WSTJ SS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not unless its fairly easy. I am not mechanic but I can follow directions.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do you think a condition like this is a major problem or do you think I should have a service guy check it out?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.
  1. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?
  2. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?