Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My ge front loading washer will not move forward To cycles.

Customer Question

Hi. My ge front loading washer will not move forward To cycles. It turns on, door locks. It's so
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: it spins back and forth then nothing happens
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well I'd prefer to troubleshoot before incurring the cost of a repair person
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: im not sure? What info do you need?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Does the unit start to fill with water at all?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It does fill and then spins around on once. Then the door unlocks then locks again and then nothing happens. But the timer continues to run down.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi- has anyone seen this response ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's not filling with water.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

I apologize I am on in the evening time and today was not on until later this evening due to a family emergency so it is filling with water or its not? If its not filling with water more than likely its a water inlet valve problem. This part can be tested. I will need your model number to your ge though in order to get the correctly parts and how to test them to you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Model and serial number attached.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Here is the part that I am referring to that I believe may be the cause of your problem. There is also a video on this link that will assist you with testing and replacing this part.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Washing-Machine-Water-Inlet-Valve/WH13X10029/1475762?modelNumber=WBVH5100H0WW&ss=a11b3i219d686921&mr=1

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you this evening. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me