How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 81213
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am after a new hinge for my fridge door, it has worn the

Customer Question

hi i am after a new hinge for my fridge door, it has worn the houseing out at the top and woundering where to get a new part from?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: whirl pool gold model..6gd22dcxhw04 type..e22ssa
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it is the top part or the fridge door that is worn out, need a new bracket that goes on top of door for hinge pin to go into
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

The top hinge on your refrigerator door is part number WP2203771. Since it's an American appliance, I'm not sure if you'll be able to locate the part in Europe or not, but if you need to, you can order it in the link below and have it shipped to somewhere here in the US who can ship it out to you because parts suppliers won't ship out internationally.

CLICK HERE for hinge

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
wrong part. i need the plastic frame that is attached to the top of door of which the hinge pin then goes into
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

That part isn't sold separately. That comes with the entire door and that door is no longer made so you can't get it anywhere anymore. The part number is(###) ###-#### if you wanted to try to locate a used one or something like that.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?