Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Kenmore refrigerator model #596.79272991 will not stay

Customer Question

Kenmore refrigerator model #596.79272991 will not stay running after a couple hours but will cool/freeze
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 15/20
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

What do you have to do to get it running again when it stops?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
unplug for a couple of hours
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

When it stops, do the fans and everything stop, too? No sound at all?

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

If it all stops running, no fans or anything running, then the thermostat control in the freezer will need to be replaced. It is in the left front corner in the freezer, mounted to the ceiling in a control box. Remove the screws from the box and it will come down and allow access to replace that control. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy replacement.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.