Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Samsung dishwasher DW80F600UTS/AS, it stops working

Customer Question

I have a Samsung dishwasher DW80F600UTS/AS, it stops working and the delicate light comes on blinking.
I don't believe it's the hose or the pump. Dishwasher does not have water at the bottom when it's stops.
Dishwasher stops within first 5 min. If I mess around with the fuse box, I sometimes get the washer to wash almost the entire cycle and the soap dispenser opens but never full cycle.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

If the dishwasher does drain out but the error is appear anyways, it sounds like you don't really have a drain problem even though this delicates light blinking means the dishwasher thinks it's not draining properly. The washer monitors the water level by using a sensor in the case break which is where the water enters and exits your dishwasher on the left side of your dishwasher. You're going to need to pull the dishwasher out and you'll see this white plastic case mounted along the left side wall of the tub. Just replace this part and if you don't have an actual drain problem you should be good to go again. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for case break

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just replaced that part back in December of last year
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately that doesn't mean it's good. If you order the part through Repairclinic.com they allow returns for up to 1 year. I'm not sure what the policy is for return where you bought the part last year.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have just replaced the case brake. I turned on the power and now the pump automatically turns on and it will not turn off unless I unplug the dishwasher and the heavy light blinks...?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

That means that your flood sensor below the dishwasher is triggered for some reason. Below is a video to show you how to check the flood sensor. You may have to replace it if nothing looks wet or wrong with the flood sensor.

CLICK HERE for video

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Flood sensor is good. From all the work I've done to this junk Samsung dishwashers one of the clamps became loos and water was leaking.
Going back to the blinking delicate light, it's back. The difference now is that it comes on at the almost end of the washing cycle. So I think the case brake was one of the problems but I'm dumbfounded on what to do next.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

I'm not sure since I'm not there to see it in person but you may need a technician to check it out in person at this point.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Any suggestions tho. In ur opinion, would you switch out the pump or computer next...what would you do in your professional opinion. and if more than one part, than list them in order. Plz.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

This has been ongoing for a week now and you have not rated me to ensure I get credit for my time helping you, it's time you call a technician out to look at the unit onsite because at this point it's not just a common issue or what you fixed originally would have fixed the issue.