Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do you remove the freezer door handle on a whirlpool

Customer Question

how do you remove the freezer door handle on a whirlpool gb2fhdxq02
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the handle is held on by 1 ssmall screw on each side of the handle and the left sisde of the handle is dangling
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

So this handle is designed to come off if you grab the handle and yank straight to the left with a hard quick sudden jerk. Now I do want to mention that sometimes installers will remove the handles to get it through the door way on your house. When they re-install the door handles sometimes they put the handles on upside down so if that's the case then the handle will yank straight to the right in order to remove it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.