Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I can't get my front loading Bosch washing machine to open.

Customer Question

I can't get my front loading Bosch washing machine to open. The load has been completed and the door locked and then unlocked a number of times before I could get to it and by the time I did, it was permanently locked. It flashes, E27.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Unfortunately, I cannot find any paperwork on it, but it is around 7-8 years old (maybe older) and it has vision 500 series on it.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I can't get anyone in to look at it until Wednesday, and I have to work. It has a wet load. I would just like to be able to get the load out and then have someone look at it if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Without knowing your model, let's try this.....

Does it reset and unlock the door?

1. Hold down the "Allergy Rinse" button, "Spin Selection" button at the same time.
  2. Turn the Wash selection knob to the left on "Cold". Result: You should see different codes flashing on screen, this is resetting the machine's error, and is exactly what we want.

3. After a few seconds turn Wash selection knob to "Off".

4. Turn machine back on.

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Does it reset and unlock the door?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, it just keeps flashing E:27. The allergy rinse button is a round button and the spin selection is a rectangular one. I pressed both as directed and turned the knob to cold, however, I didn't see different codes flashing.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Unplug the machine for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. Does it reset and unlock the door?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It still doesn't work, it keeps flashing E:27.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

I will need to get the model number to be of any more help. Post back if you are able to get that number.

Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

I see the other tech opted out so I will help you. You can manually open the door by following the directions below.

look at the bottom right on the front of the machine and you will see a cover for the pump clean out filter, its either gonna be round with a hole in it or a square with a tab to open it, if its round with the small hole stick some type of tool in the hole or a ice pick or whatever you can find and put it in the hole to release the tab then turn the cover and it will come off, if its square the tab on the tab should release it and allow it to release once you have the cover off look on the right side of the pump and you will see a cable clipped to the pump, that is the manual door release cable just pull that cable and the door will open so you can remove your clothes.

If there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please go ahead and take a second to rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system at the top of your page, even after you rate the answer if you have any follow up questions I will continue to help you and there will be no further charges incurred.

Please understand that when you do not rate the answer even though you have paid the site and have already been billed for the question, we experts that help you do not get compensated for our time until you rate the answer and I am sure that you don't work for free so please do not expect we should. Thank you in advance for rating the answer. If for some reason you do not rate the answer could you please at least be so kind as to let me know why you did not rate the answer so that in the future I will know what areas I need to improve on to deserve a rating, Thank you.