Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Frigidaire FFTR1222QW 2yrs old. Comp running, evap cold, no

Customer Question

Hi John, Frigidaire FFTR1222QW 2yrs old. Comp running, evap cold, no evap fan on. temp set at 3. tried to set temp 1 colder & all 5 lights came on. if i push set, lights blink & then all stay on. no power to evap motor.Thx, Todd
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: New 4-17-15. M#FFTR1222QW Note: control board was replaced under warranty 3-2016 (different problem)
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. My experience is with commercial eqpt.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Noted yesterday that temp in freezer was -35 & still running
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The control board on that model controls pretty much everything from the cycling of the unit to the defrost system , if the evaporator fan is not getting voltage and the unit is constantly running and never cycling then the board has failed again and will have to be replaced.

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #:(###) ###-####- click here

If there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please go ahead and take a second to rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system at the top of your page, even after you rate the answer if you have any follow up questions I will continue to help you and there will be no further charges incurred.

Please understand that when you do not rate the answer even though you have paid the site and have already been billed for the question, we experts that help you do not get compensated for our time until you rate the answer and I am sure that you don't work for free so please do not expect we should. Thank you in advance for rating the answer. If for some reason you do not rate the answer could you please at least be so kind as to let me know why you did not rate the answer so that in the future I will know what areas I need to improve on to deserve a rating, Thank you.

Hi there,
I see the question is still open and I have not heard back from you is there something else I can help you with?