Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My icemaker just started making a thump noise and the on/off

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: my icemaker just started making a thump noise and the on/off handle moves when it thumps..need to clean it? it is only 8 months old
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Frigidaire ffss2614qe6a
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes i just replace the Filter last week it stopped making ice so I thought filter found one locally put it in ice maker makes ice great but there is a thumping in the cycle now and you can see the lever go move in tiem with the thump barely moves like a vibration almost
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no that is it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

The thumping noise you hear is a stripped gear in the head of the ice maker, the ice maker unit will need to be replaced.

Refrigerator Ice Maker

Part #:###-##-####- click here

I linked you to the part at sears above but you can likely find one cheaper on ebay or amazon just do a search at those sites using the part number I provided above if you would like to shop around.

If there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a second to rate my service by clicking on the 5th star to the right on the star rating system at the top of your page. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge even after you have rated my service if you still need assistance.

Tips are not expected but are very much appreciated.