Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am trying to locate the thermal fuse on the back of a

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to locate the thermal fuse on the back of a samsung electric oven. Can you help

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its pretty new 2013 the model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES i HAVE THE NEW FUSE

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

JUST THE LOCATION

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
5/12/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The fuse is located under the cooktop on the left side. You'll need to pull the oven out, unscrew all the screws under the edges of the cooktop, and remove the control panel so that you can access the fuse to replace it.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I HAVE REMOVED THE SCREWS ON THE BACK OF THE COOKTOP BUT IT WILL NOT BUDGE

Correct, because you must remove the entire control panel, then remove the screws under the front of the control panel. Once remove that is there are screws along the sides then you must also remove those. The entire cooktop needs to be removed to access the thermal fuse.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
THE DOOR IS LOCKED AND I CAN SEE NO SCREWS

You may need a technician then because you're going to have to manually unlock the door with a coat hanger which is difficult to do if you haven't done it before, then you unscrew the control panel from below the panel. Then you remove the panel and can unscrew the top panel.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK THANKS

Not a problem but I'm sorry about the troubles you're having with the oven.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?