Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The washer model wtw5700sw0 the pre wash cycle does'nt work,

Customer Question

The washer model wtw5700sw0 the pre wash cycle does'nt work
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's Whirlpool model wtw5700sw0 ser w0541356 and about 4 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Iam going to try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The other cycles work fine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

There is only one thing that can cause the prewash cycle to not work and allow everything else to work. Unfortunately that thing is your timer which is a very expensive parts. It's the part behind the large know which you turn to select different cycles. One of the contacts inside the timer is beginning to wear down so it's not making a good contact in the prewash cycle. The entire timer would need to be replaced if you wanted to get this function bad. The price of the part is about $140 I'm sorry to say.

CLICK HERE for timer

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?