John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My stove will start up but after about 3 minutes will shut

Customer Question

my stove will start up but after about 3 minutes will shut itself off
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: for about a week. Had my son clean everything but it still won't keep running
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hopefully!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and can be seen if you open the door or remove the drawer below the door if there is one so that I can better assist you?

Also, what happens when the stove shuts off exactly? Does the display go blank? Does the display revert back to the time of day? Does the display still act like it's trying to heat but the oven just stops heating up?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?