Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Panasonic Inverter microwave. When I use it, it

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Inverter microwave. When I use it, it interferes with the cable TV reception. It comes on again after the microwave shuts off. I have a smaller Hamilton beach microwave that doesn't di this, but like the bigger one better. So what can I do to fix this.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: We have a Samsung, Sylvania and Apex TVs, but they stay on. It's the reception from Direct TV. The receivers are in different rooms.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This started in last 2 months after a remodeling project. Before this it affected the internet reception. We thought it might be the 6 year old microwave, so bought a new one like the one we have. But we are still having the same problem.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. The receivers are not in the same room as the microwave, but the router box is about 4 feet away.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

This means that your microwave is either leaking micro waves, or it's just pulling more power than your circuit can handle. Move the microwave to an outlet far away from the TV. If the interference goes away, you know the microwave is leaking microwaves so you need to return the unit and get a new one. If it still causes problems with the TV. The issue has to do with the power circuit in your house and the wiring might be old and not able to handle the larger microwave because it's pulling more power than your smaller one.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?