Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

May tag Centennial top loaded fault code S7 A1? All day, I

Customer Question

May tag Centennial top loaded fault code S7 A1?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: All day
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I hope to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When the trouble started the clothes were still wet after the spin cycle but the tub was pumped out
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Maytag Centennial model no. MVWC300XW1 Machine has run perfect for 5 years until this happened
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately your issue means that your actuator below the tub isn't shifting properly. This is the part that shifts the transmission into agitate or spin. Either way, the actuator will need to be replaced so below is a link to the part as well as a video that shows you how to replace the part at the bottom of the link.

CLICK HERE for actuator and video at bottom of the link

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?