Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My duet washer seems to be stuck in the add garment mode and

Customer Question

My duet washer seems to be stuck in the add garment mode and is making a humming noise!
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Proabably about 5 years old. Make is whirlpool duet. Model is WFW9150WW02
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I hoping to get this resolved on my own but if I have to have someone look at it, then I would need to know the cost.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Great!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So this error means that the washer didn't fill up with water quick enough. That humming you hear is the drain pump running. The unit will go into flood mode and it will just keep draining for 15 minutes in case it is flooding and the sensor isn't reading properly. Just leave the unit plugged in for 15-30 minutes and let it finish draining. The error will reset and you can use the washer again. Just make sure you have good water pressure going to the washer on both hot and cold water lines and if that all checks good and the error comes back, you'd need to replace the electronic water valve inside the washer because it's restricting the water flow for some reason.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just need to leave it unplugged for 15 to 30 minutes and it should be fine. Unless the error comes back?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Not quite.

Leave the washer PLUGGED IN for 15-30 minutes, and the washer should unlock and allow you to use it again.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Oh, well it is letting me turn the machine off & on. It is just when I turn it back on it goes to add garment mode & starts humming.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

OK got it. So it's not in flood mode. Just let the washer keep running for up to 30 minutes after you press start and let it keep humming. If anything other than your main control board is the problem, it will show an error code on the display board. If you're not getting an error after 30 minutes, then your main board needs to be replaced, otherwise tell me what error appears on the screen.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there is no display board on this model
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

OK then it won't show on the display, it will start beeping and flash the wash light to signal your error code if you have an error on your style. You still do the same process but if it starts beeping and flashes the wash light, count the pattern that flashes on the wash light and let me know (example : it flashes 9 times, short pause, 1 time, long pause---then it repeats over and over)

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?