Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE refrig display not working. Mod.#psds5ygxcfss, 7or8 years

Customer Question

GE refrig display not working. Mod.#psds5ygxcfss
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 7or8 years old. serial # ss 421472
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can not set temp. cant dispense ice or water.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

If the display doesn't even illuminate, remove the top cover on the freezer door. Disconnect the wire harness at the connection above the door and make sure the connection isn't burnt or has a bad connection. Reconnect the wire harness and if the display still won't turn on, you need to order and replace the main control board on the back of the refrigerator which you can order in the link below if you're like.

CLICK HERE for main control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?