Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE fridge. Model GTRSOKRZARSS. Serial RZ351720. It

Customer Question
I have a GE fridge...
I have a GE fridge. Model GTRSOKRZARSS. Serial RZ351720.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was manufactured in 2012. Vegetables freeze in the veggie bin and freezer items all get frost on them. Had a new thermostat put in by Choice Appliance Service to the tune of $263. in 2016. Still did not work properly; another visit from appliance service to adjust airflow from freezer to fridge. I was told to play around with different settings - lately I have had the control on "2". Supposedly "5" is the normal setting. I don't want to spend another $200+ on this fridge
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, that is why I had the Choice Appliance man here in 2016.The first time (charge of $263) did not work; after repeat visit, the temp. control stilldid not work so now I have to put all vegetables and fruits on the fridge shelves. And lately everything in the freezer compartment gets frost on it; like French fries that are covered in ice. Any suggestions?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I just want this fridge to work properly. I have another fridger in a storage room which is working perfectly but it is a nuisance to go there each time I need something in my kitchen
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Fridge was manufactured in 2012. It came with the purchase of our condo. GE confirmed the year it was built.
Model GTRAOKBZARSS - Serial no. RZ351720
When the thermostat was set initially at No. 5, I could not keep certain items in the freezer - like ice cream. It all went soft,.
Answered in 6 days by:
5/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 6 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

Ok so here is what I think is happening, in order for ice to accumulate on items in the freezer that means outside air is being introduced into the freezer, because the only way ice can form like that on food items in the freezer is moisture from the outside air freezing and forming ice. Therefore that means that either the door is not closing properly or the freezer door gasket is bad allowing outside air into the freezer compartment which in turn would make the unit run more than its suppose to trying to keep the freezer at temp which in turn would make the unit run more than it should causing the refrigerator to get too cold which it is because you have items freezing in the refrigerator area and the bin being the coldest part of the refrigerator unit would freeze thing first which makes sense., check the freezer door gasket for any damage that may be allowing air in the unit, also check that the door is closing properly so that the gasket is forming a proper seal around the entire freezer area, check and let me know what you find.

John, Home Appliance Technician