John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

A customer bought a used GE peofile stove and it needs to be

Customer Question

PEarl, a customer bought a used GE peofile stove and it needs to be converted to LP. I can see the orifice under the burner, but how do you remove the burners to reach it?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I ll have to get back to you...didnt think it would turn into a big deal. Ill get model and serial and com back later
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Ususally easy enough, just havent done a GE
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Seem like the igmnitor is holding it in and I dont want to use force
Category: Appliance
Expert:  FixAll replied 5 months ago.

if the ignitor is holding it back they simply slide into a friction clamp. but honestly I don't take the burners off I just put a small piece of tape on my socket to grab the igntor as I take it out and same to put the new one in.