Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Bosch front load washer make rubbing noise when the

Customer Question

My Bosch front load washer make rubbing noise when the barrel rotates. Sounds like the barrel is rubbing against the rubber gasket or something
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is a Vision 300 series and is over 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just concerned that it will only get worse. Still works and cleans cloths fine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

This is actually a very large problem for your washer I'm afraid. It means that your bearing is wearing out and either the bearing is causing the noise or possibly the bearing just doesn't hold the basket inside the drum straight anymore so the basket rubs on the rubber gasket or plastic outer tub. The issue will get worse and eventually cause a leak. Either way, it requires an entire rear outer tub and possibly the main drive shaft that goes through it if the shaft has been damaged. Cost for repair is about $500-600 because it's quite a large project to take the tub assembly out, split the tub apart, and replace the faulty parts. The parts themselves are rather expensive too which is why the total cost for repair is expensive. Sometimes people decide to get a new washer even at 5 years old due to the cost of repair but that is completely up to you. I wish I had better news for you.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?