Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Dshwasthe sanirince light blinks and my dishwasher is lockrd

Customer Question

dshwasthe sanirince light blinks and my dishwasher is lockrd up. I have tried to right it by turning off the power. This to no avail. Help
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Whirpool. Mode)WDF560SAFWO
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hoprfully. However I have a warranty with Lowes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Um I need my dishwasher fixed. I really like this diehwasher. But I bought it last Sept. Kinda soon for a problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

You can try to unplug the dishwasher or flip the breaker off for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset to start. If that doesn't work, then you're going to want to call warranty because the part you need is the touch control panel which is about $170 I'm sorry to say. These have been failing fairly commonly for Whirlpool so they have re-designed the part and the new one shouldn't fail again hopefully.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?