Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore elite modelcontrol panel comes by its self, 11

Customer Question

kenmore elite model###-##-####control panel comes by its self
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 11 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: changed the thermal fuse cleaned the exhaust duct work not very dirty. it ran for about 4 loads and the problem started again
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

The only thing that would cause the control panel to come on by itself is the interface control board. If you have unplugged the unit for 5 minutes and the issue re-occurred, the interface control board will need to be replaced. It's part number WP8564396 but unfortunately the part is about $200 so it's not a cheap repair.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can you give me location
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Of the part? It's the control board inside your control panel right behind the buttons you press to select the cycle.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?