Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a french door Ge refrigerator and after a power

Customer Question

I have a french door Ge refrigerator and after a power outage Friday night the refrigerator never did come back on. All lights are out and the display panel is blank. I unplugged it , waited a bit and then plugged it back in. still nothing. The refrigerator was purchased in 2012 and delivered August 2012 new. It is a Refrigerator
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: fd 4 door SS Model # PGSS5RKZSS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can. Have done repair work on my previous GE range with Tech advice.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes I paid for extended warranty on March 30 but due to the former policy having elapsed, there was a 30 day waiting period for the new policy to become effective and was told the payment was posted on April 7th, I was one day early and they will not cover the extended warranty
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Do you think I can fix this problem? I tend to be mechanically inclined.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about the extended warranty issue, that is a real bummer! At least this will be an easy repair for you. If you are certain the outlet has power, the main control board has failed. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

The main control is mounted on the back of the cabinet and shown as number 801 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Access is gained by removing the screws from the cover panel (number 803). All connections will simply unplug and plug in making for an easy replacement!

The link below is to the part you will need.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.