John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Our front load Kenmore was disconnected for a painting

Customer Question

Our front load Kenmore was disconnected for a painting project. It is reconnected, water is turned on, but water does not reach the tumbler.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Six years. Let me find the model info.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We think it must be something very simple. The washer was disconnected. Then reconnected. Model #402.49032011 Unfortunately, we cannot locate our owner's manual. We had a remodel done, and everything is a mess! (Running out of underwear!)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so. We had the same problem when plumbers and electricians moved the washer a few weeks ago as they started the project. We can't remember how it was resolved, but it seemed simple.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.

Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

Are you using the fill hoses that are made of braided stainless steel?