Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washer wont run its cycle. I can start it at the 2nd spin

Customer Question

My washer wont run its cycle. I can start it at the 2nd spin cycle and it'll work but if i start from the beginning of the cycle it won't
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model # 110.29822800 kenmore 800 i bought it used 4years ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

If the washer won't do anything until the 2nd spin cycle, this means your load sensing switch inside your control panel has failed and will need to be replaced. It's a common problem with this model unfortunately and the switch you need to replace is the only one with a small rubber hose going to it. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model as well as a video that shows you how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for load sensing switch

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?