Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool washing machine and whether I put cool,

Customer Question

Hi- I have a whirlpool washing machine and whether I put cool, hot or warm temperature, hot water comes out. If I switch to cold-no water comes out at all. So it does fill up, it does wash, but the rinse cycle does not start. It does spin though. Thank you-
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: mfg 12/09 Model # WTW5310VQ0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it's possible-
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No- sounds great - no strange noises- first time I've ever had a problem I think.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately it sounds like your electronic water valve solenoid is failing and not opening for the cold water. Make sure you're getting cold water to the back of your washer from your house. If that checks good, you'll need to order and replace the electronic water valve to fix the issue so below is a link to the valve.

CLICK HERE

And below is a video on how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?