FixAll
FixAll, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I currently work for one of the largest appliance repair services in the country. I service laundry and kitchen
68072958

Need to know how to remove the glass top on my Kenmore

Customer Question

Need to know how to remove the glass top on my Kenmore gas/electric range model***********I need to change the ignitor switch
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 12 years the model no. is***********JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I am a electrican
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just what I asked
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

For some reason I can't find documentation on that particular model to remove the top so I'll opt out.

Expert:  FixAll replied 5 months ago.

most these models you have to unmounts it from the counter. I typically just lift is and rotate it a tiny bit so its catty corner and resting on the countertop. then take any screws out from the side. then remove you burners and grates. underneath the knobs will be plastic nuts take these off and the glass should be free.