Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My model WFD520PADM5 dishwasher does not completely dry my

Customer Question

My model WFD520PADM5 dishwasher does not completely dry my dishes. Especially the silverware in the door rack needs drying by hand after the cycle (with heat cycle and dryer agent being used) after the wash cycle is completed. The heating element is coming on because the insides of the washer are still a bit warm after the cycle has been completed. Is there any way to correct this/_
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: The model of the Whirlpool washer is mentioned above (again the model is WDF520PADM5). How do I run a diagnostic cycle. I ran a test cycle with few dishes today. This has been a problem for four months since installation.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, If it needs adjustments, it should be under warrantee. The unit was installed in mid December 2016.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So unfortunately newer dishwasher just don't dry as well as they used to and the reason for this is meeting energy star standards. The heat/drying cycle is where the dishwasher consumes the most energy so they have lowered these to barely work at all in order to get an energy star rating. That being said, I would change your rinse agent to Jet Dry Turbo as that is by far the best product I've found. It's much better than the normal Jet Dry product and better than other rinse agents.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.