Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Model RF24FSEDBSR Replaced the condenser fan motor(wasn't

Customer Question

Model RF24FSEDBSRReplaced the condenser fan motor(wasn't running)
It still doesn't come on with the compressor. Any help will be appreciated.Have a feeling it's the board
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thx!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Don't want to talk on the phone sir. Thx
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Sorry about the phone option, that wasn't me. The site automatically offers that option. Unfortunately you are 100% correct. If the condenser fan motor was replaced and it still doesn't run, the only possibility is a bad main control board. You would need to replace the main control board which is part number DA94-02275B.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What about the capacitor sir? When you open the casing there's a capacitor. Doesn't look blown up or leaking.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

The capacitor is just for the compressor. You said the compressor is working so the capacitor has nothing to do with just the fan motor not running.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just replaced the board still nothing on the fan sir
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

That doesn't make a lot of sense unless that inverter compressor board next to the main board is causing confusion to the main board so the only thing left that I would advise is to replace the inverter board next to that main board you just replaced since they communicate with one another. Part number is *****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The inverter board is what I replaced. There's another one? Where???
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's the one I replaced
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

I gave you the part number of the board you should have replaced the first time. You apparently didn't replace the part I told you which is part number DA94-02275B. That is a larger board either on the back of the refrigerator somewhere behind an access cover or in the top back right corner under a cover.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is no access panel on the back on the unit sir just at the bottom and there's only one board under that and it's in a white casing
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry I don't believe I'll be able to assist you here, so I'll opt out, but that will open this question to all other Experts, and someone will be along shortly to assist you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hold on don't go yet
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have u the wrong model number I'm so sorry
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Rf217acrs
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's the model my apologies
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tyler???