Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Jfi2089aed stuck in lockout on dispenserhow to clear? .5

Customer Question

jfi2089aed stuck in lockout on dispenserhow to clear?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: .5 hours
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: happened when i was working on chewcking the dispenser
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Press and hold the Lock/Unlock touch pad for three seconds to unlock dispenser. The indicator light will turn off.

Does it unlock?

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it didn't unlock
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Does the light go out or stay on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the little blue light is on
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

You held the lock button for 3 seconds?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
we have tried that several times
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Can you unplug the refrigerator for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics and see if it will unlock after plugging back in, please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
unplugged and counting down are you still there?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Sure! Just post back what happens after plugging back in, please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok waiting also at one point the display showed sh off also I can turn unit off and on through front panel even with the dispensor locked any indications what is going on ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

If it does not reset, I believe the main control is failing. Hopefully the reset will restore operation, we'll see. While waiting, can you post the serial number, please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
10796155NJ
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
unplugging it didn't help
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Okay, the main control will need to be replaced. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The main control is mounted on the back of the cabinet, shown as number 35 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

All connections will simply unplug and plug in making for an easy replacement!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
kelly on this unit is there a way to put it in test mode to verify if all the ui keys are working also there is info about this issue online and the controlboard not fixing it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

There is but it won't do it if the keys are locked. I will get you instructions.

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

The tech sheet with instructions is attached.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
kelly thank you for the tech sheet however that is for a model with a jazz board this one does not use the jazz bd model jfi2089ade jenn-air
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Check your model number again, please. The last 2 letters are wrong. I used JFI2089AEB

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
mybad jfi2089aep
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Try this one.....

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks better however still cannot get into test mode or anything else as the ui is locked
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Yes, the main control is not allowing it to unlock.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
at this point appears to me to be a set of circumstances that locked the touch pad and now the ui touchpad lock unlock is defective
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Okay, good luck....

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
several stories about replacing the main bd and still having the issue