Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dryer run about 2 minute and return to 1 minute and stop

Customer Question

My dryer run about 2 minute and return to 1 minute and stop and What does mean open circuit sensor between dryness bars.in maytag Neptune DC dryer and how to fix that problem.thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

The unit will always say there is an open circuit between the dryness bars unless there is wet clothing touching both bars at the same time, but it does sound like the issue is related to the dryness system since it's dropping to 1 minute after it runs for a minute. So the way the system works is that there are 2 metal bars which sense if the clothing are wet still or not. If wet clothing doesn't touch both sensors at the same time within a couple minutes the dryer shuts down early. So open the door and locate the 2 metal parallel bars below the door way. Clean these bars with white vinegar and a towel. Put in a load of wet clothing (a full load) and if it still shuts down after 2 or 3 minutes, you have a bad control board so the main control board would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I tried do the same way you advice and change new main board and I check sensor ,fuse ,high thermal ,heat element still good but no heat in lower dry ,upper dry working
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by "lower dry, upper dry working"
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.
This is a full cabinet unit? Nothing you stated in the original question says anything about that or the fact that the lower dryer wasn't hearing so I think it's time to call a technician out
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Maytag Neptune DC double stack