Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Error code F06 & E01. Machine stopped and I thought it was

Customer Question

Error code F06 & E01. Machine stopped and I thought it was finished but the codes were flashing. Machines are not but 3 or 4 years old
JA: Have you checked for the code in the manual?
Customer: MHW6000XW1 model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I cannot find the manual
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Who in the Cleveland texas area is a Maytag service person. Will need them to come to the house to fix.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Would you like help fixing it or a service referral?

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

The F6 E1 error code indicates a communication error between the control boards (see attached page). Often times this is caused by a connection issue rather than a part failure. There are three screws on the rear of the top panel that secure the top on. Once removed, the top will slide back and come off to be set aside. In the RF corner near the front control panel is the main machine control. WITH THE MACHINE UNPLUGGED, remove each connector, one at a time, and replace into the control. This will rectify any connection issue if there is one. Once each connector has been reset into position, remove the back panel from the machine to access the motor control board. Do the same for each motor connector. Plug the machine back in and see if the code returns.

If you prefer to call for service, the servicer below is in your area.

Price's Appliance Repair & Services

***** Cleveland, TX 77327(###) ###-####/p>

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Price's Appliance Repair & Services