Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Suds!!!!! in my front loading Maytag washer. I use HE

Customer Question

Suds!!!!! in my front loading Maytag washer. I use HE detergent and have run vinegar and non-gel clorox through it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: wfc7500vw purchased 12-03-09
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is not toooo involoved
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What is the pear shaped "vase" that a service man took out to remove several coins in it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So unfortunately not all HE detergents are created equal. If you have excess suds, you need to flush the washer out. The best way to remove the suds is to open the door and spray PAM inside the drum. Now run a cycle with just water. That will remove all the suds. To get rid of any excess PAM spray, run an empty cycle with just HE detergent. I recommend using Tide HE powder detergent as that tends to be the best detergent for low sudsing.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did as you said. BIG Suds left after the Tide HE run. Removed them with towels.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

You'll need to run it without any clothes inside. The only reason there would be suds is if there is something on the towels. PAM cuts all the suds and Tide HE powder does not create suds.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?