John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a whirlpool gold french door refrigerator model

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool gold french door refrigerator model GI7FVCXWA00. I replaced the compressor, evaporator and charged with a weigh in of r134a of 5.25 ounces. The freezer is cooling to -3 when the setting is on 0 and the fridge cools to 32 when set to 40. The frost pattern on the evaporator appears to be perfect. I replaced the thermistors in the freezer and refrigerator. The problem still exists with the temperature being too cold in both compartments. I replaced the main board with a used one and the problem still exists. I removed the damper from the ice compartment and it is not broken. It opens and closes when tested. What is my next step to to diagnose to find out why the temperatures are too cold? Futhermore, The icemaker will make ice until the reservoir freezes up as well as the dispenser line. Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  FixAll replied 5 months ago.

I think you are on the right track with the thermistors. I believe this is a single evap system. so I think you are definetly dealing with the sensor either is getting some extra resistance somewhere or is bad. for sure in the fresh food section. is good airflow getting to this thermistor?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
airflow is getting to it. I traced out the schematic and located the wires for both thermistors. The ohms were pretty much within spec at 32 (6000 ohm) degrees and 0 (20,000 ohm) as per the tech sheet. Where would the extra resistance be coming from?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I guess this is pretty much a waste of money to belong to this website since no one is willing to help me diagnose this problem. I will give it another day before I cancel!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
3 days passed and no answer? I thought this was supposed to be a good payed resources of help I am cancelling my subscription.