Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

Smeg oven SA310X-5 won't switch on. Clock is flashing so

Customer Question

Smeg oven SA310X-5 won't switch on. Clock is flashing so there is power.
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes I unplugged it for at least 24hrs. It goy quite hot before it stopped working. I have checked the the elements with an ohm meter and both are not open circuit
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

The clock has to be set and not flashing for the oven to work otherwise it thinks its in auto mode.

To set the clock what you need to do is press and hold the clock button for about 2 seconds.

Then press either the - or + button to set the time and then leave it a few seconds and it will lock the time in.

Then once its set try the oven and see if it starts to work from there.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Expert:  Daniel replied 5 months ago.

Hi

I see the question is still open here. Do you still need help on this?

If so just get back to me. If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks