Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a free standing range RF263LXTB 2--I just replaced

Customer Question

I have a free standing range RF263LXTB 2--I just replaced the socket for the large coil in front. Now, it will only heat on high--no matter where I turn the control knob except to turn it to "almost off" past the low heat mark.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It just started. The old socket melted and shorted out last week. I found a socket locally and, as there are only two wire to cut, I thought I had replaced it properly. This was 4 days past. I had not used this coil since until today. Turned it on and will immediately turn red. Hot all the way around the knob.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I think I can. I am certainly not an electrician but, looks like it is simply a disconnect type of element in the back of the stove.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing now. everything else works on the range.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

The switch is what controls the heat, it will need to be replaced. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

The switch is accessed by removing the rear access panel from the back of the range, All connections are clearly marked with letters and numbers and wires will simply unplug and plug in, making for a very easy replacement! :)

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

The link below shows the rear panel to be removed, see number 10. The switch is easily replaced once removed.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.