Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Water leaks from right corner of machine while running slow

Customer Question

water leaks from right corner of machine while running slow drip
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: my wife tells me for a little while it leaves a small amount of water on floor
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if at all possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: could it be the door boot gasket
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

The issue could definitely be the door gasket boot or possibly a hose that is look or has a hole in it. To know for sure, you need to pull the washer forward and remove the top panel as well as the back sheet metal panel. Then watch the washer through a cycle through the top and the back with a flashlight. If it's coming from the rubber door boot, then of course replace the boot. Otherwise, it should be obvious where the leak is coming from.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?